Loan Application Checklist
Time To Submit For Loan Approval or Pre-Approval?
Use the following checklist to help you organize your supporting paperwork as you begin the home shopping and financing process:
General income, asset & debt information
- Salary information for the last 30 days
- Creditor names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all current loans
- Estimated values for personal property, including furniture
Income information for the last two years
- Signed federal income tax returns
- W-2 or 1099 forms.
Asset information for the last three months
- Bank statements
- Retirement account statements
- Mutual fund and stock account statements.
- The listing agreement, if you are selling another property
- The closing statement on any properties recently sold
- Homeowners insurance information
- Current rental agreements for any rental properties you own
- Any gift letter and copy of check where applicable
- Separation, divorce and child support documentation, as applicable
- Photo ID & social security card
- Pension award letter for retiree borrowers
- Social security award letter for borrowers using social security as proof of income
- The source of your down payment and closing costs, including supporting documentation
- Late, slow or no payments on your credit report
If you are self-employed, you need:
- Signed copies of last two years’ business tax returns with schedules
- A YTD profit & loss statement
- A personal financial statement
Don’t know where or how to start the pre-approval process?
Tell me a little about yourself and I can help you get started. I have mortgage professionals of the highest caliber that I trust to work with my clients.